Happy national donut day! But for me, everyday is donut day. Donuts make me happy. And these donuts are good. Not just good, better than good. They are heaven. A floating-on-the-clouds kind of heaven. And the best part? They’re baked. The donuts have the softest interior, paired beautifully with the richness of chocolate and coffee. Chocolate, coffee and peppermint really is a match made in heaven. If you like donuts, try this recipe. If you hate donuts, definitely try this recipe.
For the donuts:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2teaspoon vinegar
- 2teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a bowl, add the sugar and egg, and mix well. Next, add the oil and vanilla, and mix.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for about 5 minutes, then add it to the egg mixture.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water, and then add to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet until just mixed together.
- Transfer to a greased donut pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to completely cool the donuts before glazing.
- For the glaze, add all of the ingredients together, and mix well.
- Dip donuts in glaze and enjoy!