I’ve been making chocolate ice cream for a while now, but putting it toasted peanuts and caramel was a revelation. Because it perfectly captures the essence of my favourite candy bar – Snickers. I think I’ve just made the best chocolate ice cream I’ve ever made. Well, it’s more than just chocolate ice cream. It’s dark and dreamy, buttery and caramel-y. There’s bitter bits of dark chocolate, crushed toasty peanuts, and swirls of golden caramel.
- 500 g milk
- 250 g heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 150 g dark chocolate
- semi sweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup toasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- Pour the milk and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan. Over medium heat, cook the milk, whisking continuously until it has halved in quantity.
- Add in the dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- Store the mixture in the fridge to cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the salted caramel sauce and crushed peanuts.
- Store in an air-tight container or a baking tin covered with cling-film and secured with a rubber-band.
- Freeze for 8 hours at least.