This shockingly easy, no-bake banoffee ice-cream pie recipe combines a buttery Parle-G crust, luscious dulce de leche, thick slices of fresh banana, and a delicious layer of vanilla ice-cream. It’s the easiest, quickest, most divine no-bake pie you’ll ever make!
- 100 g Parle-G biscuits, or any digestive biscuit
- 70 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 300 g vanilla ice cream, softened
- To make the dulce de leche, place the two (unopened) cans of sweetened condensed milk in a deep saucepan. Pour water on top, making sure it comes up about 2 inches above the cans. Cook on low heat for 3 hours, making sure the top of the cans are always covered with water. Top with small amounts of boiling water, if necessary.
- Once the 3 hours are up, remove the cans from the pan and let sit overnight to cool. The cans should not be opened before they have cooled down or the contents might splatter all over you kitchen.
- In a food processor, place the biscuits and pulse until you have a fine crumb. Add in melted butter and pulse for a few seconds until combined.
- Transfer to a 9 inch spring-form cake pan lined with parchment paper. Using the back of a spoon, press the crumbs down until you have a smooth, even layer.
- Next, empty the contents of the cans on top and smooth with a spatula.
- Arrange the banana slices on top. Pour the softened ice-cream and place in the freezer for 6-7 hours at least. Use a sharp knife dipped in warm water to cut pie into clean slices.