These Peanut Butter Cookies have the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth texture, with perfectly crisp edges and a salty peanut butter centre.
*makes about 20 cookies
- 180 g flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 100 g salted butter, softened
- 90 g granulated sugar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 180 g crunchy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
(about 4-5 minutes).
- Mix in the peanut butter and then the egg. Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour and baking soda until just combined.
- Shape the dough into balls and then place on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each ball.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookies, then press in the opposite direction creating a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 9 minutes and leave to cool completely.